|[eigen] Windows Testing Issues (was: 3.3 branch state)|
[ Thread Index | Date Index | More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives ]
Starting a new thread as the topic has become more general.
Thanks David for your test...I'm only seeing the issue on Windows at the moment. I'm on Windows 10, with 16GB RAM, 4 core (8 hyperthreaded) CPU, and an SSD with plenty of space...it's not a powerhouse, but it's a reasonably recent machine.
Ok - so I took the head, made some small alterations to the CMake files to run using C++17 and built the tests with Visual Studio 2017 Win64. Firstly there are several build errors:
More problematic are the build times in a release build. I created a summary but unfortunately I found that at least some of the tests which took a long time were quick when compiled alone (this compilation was done through visual studio where they built in parallel). In any case, I went back and ran 3.3.7 using ctest and the default CMake file....which compiles only 1 project at a time. This has been running for about 11 hours now (still on the build part). Obviously this is a visual studio issue, but I'm not sure when it was introduced. We're not seeing anything like this in the our usage of Eigen...although to a smaller degree it might be hard to tease out of the larger picture.
|Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+||http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/|