Re: [eigen] HDF5 persistence for EIGEN3

Have a look at https://github.com/garrison/eigen3-hdf5 I used it before and works great.

1) my_matrix.data()
2) rows = my_matrix.rows(); cols = my_matrix.cols()
3) Eigen supports practically any Scalar See https://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/TopicCustomizing_CustomScalar.html
4) creating objects from external pointers without copying -- Yes see https://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox/group__TutorialMapClass.html

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Steven Varga <steven.varga@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings,

H5CPP is a general purpose template-only data-store mechanism for scientist using LinearAlgebra packages such as EIGEN3, is backed by the HDF5Group.
In order to incorporate EIGEN3 I would like to know the best way to extract the following:

1) read/write pointer to data stored in memory:     ie. my_matrix.data()
2) dimensions of the object ie:  rows = my_matrix.nrows(); cols = my_matrix.ncols()
3) list of templates for DENSE types:  Matrix<T>( ... params .. )
4) creating objects from external pointers without copying -- if supported

At this stage only DENSE storage is considered, leaving sparse and special structures to be implemented in a different phase.

The MIT licensed project may be found here: http://h5cpp.ca and here:  https://github.com/steven-varga/h5cpp
thank you for your responses/suggestions in advance!
steve