Re: [eigen] Eigen containers cannot be vectorized

Well the bad thing about your proposal is that it would break our ABI and could make several index computations more complicated (I guess the latter will not make much difference, though). As we want to guarantee ABI-stability for 3.x as much as possible, I don't see your proposal happening before 4.0 (for which there are absolutely no plans yet).

Christoph

On 2016-12-08 14:46, Francois Fayard wrote:
It is indeed a solution.

The nice thing about the solution I propose is that it could also work “out of the box”.

François Fayard
Founder & Consultant - Inside Loop
Applied Mathematics & High Performance Computing
Tel: +33 (0)6 01 44 06 93
Web: www.insideloop.io

On Dec 8, 2016, at 2:43 PM, Joseph Mirabel <joseph.mirabel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

what about this:

#include <Eigen/Dense>

void f(Eigen::Matrix<Eigen::Index, Eigen::Dynamic, Eigen::Dynamic>& A) {
 const Eigen::Index cols = A.cols();
 const Eigen::Index rows = A.rows();
 for (Eigen::Index j = 0; j < cols; ++j) {
   for(Eigen::Index i = 0; i < rows; ++i) {
     A(i, j) = i + j;

Best rgds,
Joseph

--
 Dipl. Inf., Dipl. Math. Christoph Hertzberg

 Universität Bremen
 FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
 AG Robotik
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4021
 Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600