Re: [eigen] Eigen containers cannot be vectorized

On 2016-12-08 15:03, Francois Fayard wrote:
I was also surprised to see that in debug mode, bounds checking is done with: assert(i >=0 && i < n). This can be optimized into assert(static_cast<std::size_t>(i) < static_cast<std::size_t>(n)).

I would be surprised if any reasonably good compiler fails to see that optimization. I did not check though, and I guess it should not matter, since one should have disabled assertions if one really needs the last bit of performance (of course, only after making sure that everything works)

Christoph

--
 Dipl. Inf., Dipl. Math. Christoph Hertzberg

 Universität Bremen
 FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
 AG Robotik
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4021
 Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600