Re: [eigen] boost::multiprecision : wrong eigen values

Dear Gael,

Am 23.07.2016 um 15:11 schrieb Gael Guennebaud:

checking that  "eigensolverH.info() ==  Eigen::Success" indicates that the solver failed. That explains why their are not sorted.

Thanks for the hint.

Adding:

namespace Eigen {
   template<> struct NumTraits<TpFloat> : GenericNumTraits<TpFloat> {
     static inline TpFloat dummy_precision() { return sqrt(std::numeric_limits<TpFloat>::epsilon()); }
   };
}

> fixes the issue, and then the boost version is faster.

Indeed. I've checked my complete programme, and Boost::multiprecision is now giving the correct solution.
It's much faster now in my full code, being only about 30% slower compared to mpfr in simple test cases.
That's great for checking, especially if one is looking into precision sensitive problems.

Best regards,
Peter