Re: [eigen] Inverse when the (dense) matrix has a known structure

Yes, the zeros are always at the same position. For instance, for one of the 4D problem, the matrix is of the form:
X 0 X X
0 X X 0
X X X X
X 0 X X
Indeed, a CAS could help a little bit if Eigen doesn't do better with vectorisation?
The 6D problem may have less off diagonal elements, or small enough that they can be avoided (thus decoupling the computation, allowing to do one after the other instead of both at the same time).

There are other equations that lead to better matrices, but in this case, it is quite dense.

depending on the degree of sparseness (and whether the non-zero elements are
always in the same positions) of your matrix, you could actually try to solve
the underlying equation system "by hand" (read as: use a computer algebra
system) and implement the resulting solution manually.

Hope that helps,

Dan

--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.