Re: [eigen] Bye bye "Eigen/CXX11", welcome "EIGEN_CPPYY_ONLY" ?

I heartily +1 this proposal.

(I embraced C++11 sometime ago, so in my book anything that makes using it easier is a good thing)

Toby

From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 13:16
To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [eigen] Bye bye "Eigen/CXX11", welcome "EIGEN_CPPYY_ONLY" ?

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:08 PM, <Daniel.Vollmer@xxxxxx> wrote:

This is not true IIRC for GCC 6 (from https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html)

  • The default mode for C++ is now -std=gnu++14 instead of -std=gnu++98.

right, let's forgot about this minor remark then.

btw, this idea came from bug 1210 [1] , where Christoph just suggested to use a single EIGEN_MAX_CPP_LEVEL macro that a user could define to 03, 11, 14, etc. (instead of numerous EIGEN_CPPYY_ONLY) . This is definitely much better and simpler.