RE: [eigen] Bye bye "Eigen/CXX11", welcome "EIGEN_CPPYY_ONLY" ?

Hi Gael,

I think your suggestion is a good one, but I'm biased by not requiring C++03 support at all, so anything I get "for free" without having to do anything to enable it when using C++1y/z is convenient for me.

> - currently, AFAIK only MSVC enables c++11 features by default, thus limiting the risk when using other compilers

This is not true IIRC for GCC 6 (from https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/changes.html)
  • The default mode for C++ is now -std=gnu++14 instead of -std=gnu++98.

Best regards

Daniel Vollmer

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerodynamics and Flow Technology | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig | Germany

Daniel Vollmer | AS C²A²S²E
www.DLR.de