|Re: [eigen] Inlining (or lack thereof) on msvc 2013|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Inlining (or lack thereof) on msvc 2013
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:31:36 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=pA62KhP0aZIJXYan9GT1Ia8XVbMkD3CxhmTlPMXyhbI=; b=d+YQzoUf94GppvUmARxRUODvaaPMVUNgxOFnYaPFK6GiBC17FFSeRwDnfjMvtEuRqe AONCQWWZsRIv/uGyo0GSnbUhl0r7wTxUtLsR/sBp9k8WrX11JEmUmuAdjePMxEnOaZFP eUpvsIltMwuk3Z28WU+ZL2pJ09Pn68jFFmYm+bS4pthnXlKNICmh0kF+xlgcvVdqj2Gm Gkuxs1pl0V/qKHfEUfk4GoPOl4JrzOrrLU1SfNr58GSbrqWRleUXm1EdAWv2qpJAhRZf EKMrOyecwzXYe5zU8kejUITWBOpmlKb+B+rBx15RrnSFmoSivap127i8r6rhraCpCjSV 0aHQ==
sorry for late reply.. Yes, MSVC is not very good at inlining. I did not known that it was affected by the user code length, though. Good to know.
I know that other major compilers (GCC,ICC,clang) allows to tweak the inlining thresholds to workaround such issues, however, MSVC does not seem to offer such a flexibility. So the only solution seems to add more EIGEN_STRONG_INLINE in Eigen's code as we currently do on a case by cas basis....