Re: [eigen] Sparse Arrays for Eigen?

Christoph,

Thank you for your informative reply.  It looks like maybe the Eigen code is ahead of its documentation, in terms of capability.  For example:

> You can directly multiply SparseMatrix by SparseVector in Eigen

I see no examples of this at:
   http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/group__TutorialSparse.html

If you have two index arrays and a value array, you can directly use them in an Eigen::SparseView

Where?  It's not here:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/namespaceEigen.html

> Eigen also supports, CSR, CSC and triplet format (stored as three vectors).
> A single vector of triplets can easily be converted by Eigen. Also, most algorithms
> expect CSR or CSC inputs.

That's really nice functionality.  But again... where is it?  The following only mentions CSR and CSC:

http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/group__TutorialSparse.html

Had I been able to find this information on the website in a usable way, I probably wouldn't have written SpSparse.  The general tensor stuff is nice, but it's not make-or-break for my current application.

> If I understand you correctly, spsparse::Array relates to Eigen::SparseMatrix as
> Eigen::Tensor to Eigen::Matrix, right?

Yes.

> Ok, by tensor multiplication you mean element-wise multiplication or
> something like
> Res(i,j,k) = SUM_l A(i,j,l)*B(i,l,k); (or other variants)?

The latter.

> If I understand you correctly, your library supports both?

It's a toolbox that can be used to easily write multiplication-like operations easily.  What I needed was:
    C * diag(S1) * A * diag(S2) * B * diag(S3)

... where S1, S2 and S3 are optional.  I also needed:
   C * diag(scalei) * A * diag(scalej) * V        # V is a vector

So I built those two multiplies.  Maybe someone could be more clever to write a general n-dimensional tensor multiply template.

-- Elizabeth