Re: [eigen] Sparse Arrays for Eigen?

Eigen's support for sparse matrices and vectors should be quite good. Have a look at these pages for an overview:
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/group__SparseQuickRefPage.html
http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/dox-devel/group__TutorialSparse.html
There is also some functionality to let users iterate through non-zero elements themselves.

I don't think there are concrete plans at the moment for sparse arrays (i.e., that provide element-wise products), nor for multidimensional sparse tensors. If that is what you are looking for, we may consider incorporating this -- could you explain a bit more specific what operations you want?

Christoph

On 2016-01-13 23:04, Elizabeth Fischer wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that Eigen is getting support for dense tensors (or arrays, if
you will), but its support for sparse structures is limited to somewhat
specialized matrices and vectors.  I recently wrote a general sparse array
library, and used that to implement efficient sparse-sparse multiplication
(matrix-matrix, matrix-vector, etc).  I use it in my project, where most
data structures can be thought of as a sparse array.  The core idea is to
implement sparse array operations based on iterators that iterate through
the non-zero elements (and to expose this framework to the user).

I'm inquiring whether there might be interest in incorporating this code in
Eigen.  The code as it currently stands is at:
     https://github.com/citibeth/spsparse

-- Elizabeth

--
 Dipl. Inf., Dipl. Math. Christoph Hertzberg

 Universität Bremen
 FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
 AG Robotik
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-4021
 Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600