|[eigen] (co-)mentoring for Google Summer of Code|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] (co-)mentoring for Google Summer of Code
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 22:36:59 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=j7rYKgO8KErDQsurEFu6wRUkEgtEz0f/kJRCa+ne3H4=; b=IKob92aEtvbKTJ42LWolS0L9ALlaqgUo5EOo52+3xpgNkjwtQoTLNCYWVIggRP8ioK T2U+l6f23j7S8hiJNw14a1ziPKVo6vdBwyYXIAJ3nxOS1xwW1cXiAR+8L6+pPZK/FJ4V dhKfcLglvv0pA63A/wogFIqwa8IARzhGK+FUA6ggX/agjKRkMY8PQGkhh5E/3sLxfuJR 68YZpJXyUJq4q1DwMlGKdBZS6Oft/pIYI2GrgoMMlKAzTqyY8xUjoxSrDbM9WcDpr0Wt 03QOaWXYoR6ko6CYmkwcMSrO2M5/yFKTCrZHvbCOu8/yXcnM2IjrgoOMGwPRhwlEvpgC Y5dQ==
it's a shame that Eigen still haven't participated to GSOC. The deadline for organisations is within 2 weeks, and if I'm not alone willing to act as a mentor, I'll prepare the forms to apply.
So would any of you be interested to participate to GSOC 2015 as a mentor/co-mentor?
Here are some initial project ideas:
- blocking/tiling in ColPivHouseholderQR and other decompositions
- sparse eigen decomposition (followup of last spring student project)
- performance oriented unit-testing with a web interface to track perf regressions
- finalize sparse-block storage format and extend direct solvers to exploit it
- evaluate expressions through CUDA (based on Benoit Steiner's work on Tensors)