|Re: [eigen] Help needed to run a benchmark on many machines|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Help needed to run a benchmark on many machines
- From: Hauke Heibel <hauke.heibel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 20:28:38 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=483OHwdDB/53RpUiYpyYFmOncgnbERoLj9ZEkuougmQ=; b=0bV6UQCTCzlr7LnVbrYqorbvKQQu2qYXbr1ejaAZzExZ1hhwh/02q50h1b01ZTHa3P LkfnjrWekMq3DYoLCoUGcrZ40WfqRRDE8oauuvvKYo69cL2RVvo7HjGWy1kcEY8/7BEH GjaRTaepQZcmw35zotKW8eahyM2cY1GllYbhHjqhspPj48TPylEEp4smbEmuFOPktxPE 1zwA0l9/iyq/A8BIhpoi8+9oXcRF6msxc8ILBcDP/iw+6E8GBjCampto49ftgOzVQPr7 i1pmptuBrGNhkk29LqjKBVqbV0/zKtFCqiBq+x12Q7Yco+42QS2ojjhvwXX93UF0xFgB JcLA==
I have a few questions regarding the tests....
a) Do you need more tests on other machines?
b) Do the machines/devices really matter, or are only the sizes of the data caches important?
c) Do we actually need to test user CPU times as opposed to wall times?
I asking about b) because of your suggestion to provide tables per device and not based on the device's cache configurations.
Regarding c), boost has a special clock in its chrono implementation (see here: http://goo.gl/ETH4Bk). Maybe there is a profiling pro over here who can shed some light on this?