Re: [eigen] Ref<> Problem

Thanks a lot for the examples!
That helped alot.

But despite all these pitfalls what is the suggested way of storing somekind of reference to a block/matrix inside a class. such that one is able to work with it later on, (as a second requirement maybe it should be copiable...?)
I think thats a common use pattern when using Eigen right?

As far as I understand the "temporary" naming in your examples relate to temporaries of a certain Eigen type which holds the result as in 2*M which evaluates into an "expression" which then gets injected into a Ref<> -> The 2*M is evaluated and stored in a "temporary" scalar array : double* data somewhere in an Eigen type where the Ref<> has a reference to this "temporary"

Should I still go with Ref<> ? Or how would you code a class which can have a reference to some matrix of numbers , either a full matrix or a block view

Block is just a reference to some data right and should also be considered as initialized-once variable?

Thanks for the rigorous help! I am experienced C++ programmer, but these things with Eigen are quite hard because we always need to make sure there is no stupid temporary involved which leads to a leak or a non-valid reference..., especially when there are wrapper Objects as Map<> or Ref<> or Block<> i cannot grasp the things all the time....

BR Gabriel  :-)