|[eigen] 3.3-alpha1 for mid november?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] 3.3-alpha1 for mid november?
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 18:04:53 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=pWY4pcP2wpAxwK8z7jdZPwasM80j73PZJIlwl4w/3SI=; b=hC5fD0CIYv2T8cKrH4RL5YrAo3cyYQyuZNAztgYWzbUEIGwnOw/pjcDTjTHDu/oD9o 5dicpGK3P9oeieG9u1dNBJCM5Sbxq5mbB+AFeM6y5SDrDkuZUIe4H6SRXYO+sA9OwRwc aylDI8hz23KhKWWSiZ8Ua6f9M8ecdkKj+FZEx8Z6JU6iU956JBSGyzjZn71P+/ufQQSV 5w1MuPXFP6zFeUL7Fr9VqFDX0ogAwGH3KIEiFTATTxEmQ16yoUQh8oVP8VCeg5q5tEUq 7988prUFWQxkOQPFHp3Q9RVx2wIThoUQLTpG9jUVYij3KVjam/WvLa2FSrrE859/uDyd 8IKA==
I'd like to discuss about a release plan for the next 3.3 version.
First, let me recall that the devel branch includes several major new features:
- D&C SVD (see other thread)
- a novel product kernel
- novel _expression_ template engine
All these features are pretty well advanced without remaining API issues for normal usage, so I think it's time to plan an alpha1 release asap, for instance around mid november? This release would be synchronized with a feature freeze: other features could be added before the alpha1 release, at the condition they are sufficiently mature and mostly need internal cleaning/documentation. This probably means that most of the "enhancement" bug entries attached to 3.3 will be postponed to 3.4.
Then, a beta1 could follow within a month or two. For beta1, all the minor internal design decisions that are still in suspens regarding the _expression_ evaluator will have to be resolved.