Re: [eigen] banded matrices in Eigen

On 13.02.2014 23:12, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
In practice this is a bit more tricky. Some months ago Kolja and I came up
with the attached example for matrix-free solving. You can easily adapt it
to your case. In the future, I hope we'll be able to make this process much
simpler since in theory you should only have to provide an operator*.

Of course, the simplest solution would be to just implement an operator* which returns the result by value and hope that the overhead is negligible.

Generally, it would be nice if the lazy return mechanisms were easier to adapt/implement for custom types/operations (Yes I know, on many fronts you are our sole warrior ...)

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen