|Re: [eigen] banded matrices in Eigen|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: Eigen development <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] banded matrices in Eigen
- From: Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:06:13 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=9myRWdvj9LrCUhD3LvEXhRDkCTK+P95WDBl9kOcJ7eA=; b=JM3RXGDoROx8/88hJ9L9u8hrG4R2CKnUGHpQcLgzX69ylrcQxM7FgEm+GZbeQNeZ7Z uJCDRUK+H1xsp2EdkCiembDpbx7IUvwlGM/J6b9V8ndy5wh+O9OaQ6em7vEZabk555dr D2ns98lCGrvHApM+Rmn3dZrxB6i9QM9LFU2/eMfE2tQ8yFUi9o2ZcoSMW1Lx05/zfrzv DO3IqatQv4/xFkQsL3FPYqz3Ry8ARK1gqrpaQ9RVoi7O8W1EClmLyhX+fyaIEfmZ+M+O 141O4mHmD4BLVrhn/xHGOOv1az7mzb/XTBCSpWFpThaJIeBFGAHu6y9NJMMEPIS3og+D lJBw==
> I would also be interested in sparse multi-diagonal symmetric matrices. I am
> dealing with sparse matrices that are composed only of a certain number of
> diagonals, and, since they are symmetric, some of this diagonals are
Just to be clear, do you mean dense, symmetric, banded a la BLAS SBMV?
Or do you mean a genuinely sparse matrix (so compressed storage of
some sort) that happens to exhibit the same structure?
> Has there been by any chance some improvement since the last question
> about this topic?
I'm not aware of any but would eagerly hear news. Banded matrices are
the ugly stepchild of linear algebra libraries.