Re: [eigen] banded matrices in Eigen

Hi Laura,

> I would also be interested in sparse multi-diagonal symmetric matrices. I am
> dealing with sparse matrices that are composed only of a certain number of
> diagonals, and, since they are symmetric, some of this diagonals are
> identical.

Just to be clear, do you mean dense, symmetric, banded a la BLAS SBMV?
 Or do you mean a genuinely sparse matrix (so compressed storage of
some sort) that happens to exhibit the same structure?

> Has there been by any chance some improvement since the last question
> about this topic?

I'm not aware of any but would eagerly hear news.  Banded matrices are
the ugly stepchild of linear algebra libraries.

- Rhys