Re: [eigen] generalized eigenvalue problem with complex matrices

On 08.08.2013 23:04, Manav Bhatia wrote:
    I need to solve the eigenproblem   A x = \lambda B x, where A and B are
complex matrices. I noticed that the GeneralizedEigenSolver supports only
real A and B.

    Is there any other class available to support complex A& B, or anything
else in the works?

If A and B were selfadjoint, you could instead use GeneralizedSelfAdjointEigenSolver.

If B is invertible, you can solve the equivalent (but numerically less stable) problem (using the normal EigenSolver):
  (A*B.inverse()) * x = lambda * x.
Equivalently, if A is invertible:
  recip_lambda * x = (A.inverse()*B) * x

Of course, the best way would be to find someone able (and willing) to implement GeneralizedEigenSolver for complex matrices ^^

Regards,
Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen