Re: [eigen] Re: Student contribution

On 13.06.2013 11:30, BRUN Gauthier wrote:
We have a question about the SVD matrix used with integers values (int,
long) : JacobiSVD returns almost only 0 values for m_matrixU, m_matrixV
and m_singularValues. Is it a choosen behavior with integers or it is
the real result of the SVD ? Does our BDCSVD must have a specific
behavior with integers types?

Actually, I would suggest raising a compile error if the scalar type does not support required operations such as sqrt, division, etc. It would also make no sense to calculate an SVD with rational coefficients (however, LU with rationals would make sense).

Had this been the original purpose of the meta programming, which was cleaned up here?
https://bitbucket.org/eigen/eigen/commits/ee70f8f54114/

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf., Dipl.-Math. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.049
Universität Bremen
Enrique-Schmidt-Straße 5
28359 Bremen