[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: "[eigen] mailing list" <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Matrix power
- From: Dale Lukas Peterson <hazelnusse@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:58:13 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=RbI8LrwfasXPtUV5FJKs6AfVzxrzDNCsXFaE+L8rBoY=; b=nh0MA68SRjtEDYHeXmVE5F9/vgdqJI1SaPcwqLItgpc8uscJrorXbbYiTXh4SQMAhi MJuNqUKINOF2L6ZFoiSQAZzKbKxBo3TFys9LFOlnHbRBobH4RsIdhTvrFQeNd5XKIsE1 UeGsKJoYHYgd2CSVFIuJjVU6GkZBzmlrFQcGX5/qPXgDmjxQO5n8UVx9gZoOLTr7QFnq J0lopIhTFPxhfkKhns0xf+KC5sQNUf4VwNQpzUGmH6mvG3lQ2KM6so0KypE4DIeeFqf4 pKpypAdO350ItC/E/yHP8NtAVGsQq2hq6mYMTdp0XfZwvAgm41C/s9V55Ob2bWGt0CyT aULg==
> Since it's not my code, I'd rather have confirmation before committing this.
> It would help if you can try the patch in bugzilla and see whether this
> resolves the bugs you found.
I will check it out and give it a try.
> Out of interest, what do you use fractional matrix powers for?
Occasionally I need the square root of a matrix or integer power of
matrices for stuff related to control system design. I only used the
fractional power because that was in the documentation and I just
copied and pasted. I could have just manually implemented the matrix
to an integer power but thought it might be better to let .pow() do
it, in case it was doing it more intelligently.