Re: [eigen] Rotations and unit vectors

How about this:  compute the norm of the unit vector, and compare it to 1.  If it's not very close, don't fail out, but normalize the vector.

Or wrap existing functions with new versions that check and correct norms of unit vectors, so the programmer can use one or the other; or have a mode flag that controls whether to normalize; you could even have a mode to fail out, but people who want a strong check.

Maybe a CHECK_UNIT_VECTOR_NORM(vec, tolerance) that would compile to nothing, or to an assert, or to a re-normalization, depending on mode.

Dick