|Re: [eigen] Student contribution|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BRUN Gauthier <brunga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Student contribution
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:30:49 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=f6hgbgbs29BeBwOhkreAM2ToW5X64Qk56gCfsioxfXc=; b=u/pZJ7VFtGjsHTJzArf82LNqoNJihvWx5YXpftcgNyimpbfiTT21xiJIGN2N+Q3S/Q GTQC2nquhmJtqFCYVNyAS7n8UNHHbe6fcHgakvIPnwfrqiyZQ4+TttMHOnOjfm3J5o3E +4kqn5HB6x0HmJEajN/jh1S0PP0MwE6Q8LBk9TsDiPJQzGWdtm2MaWnEzZkRhw/DNE4C j2yIJrgJrEKzHw3mjrdjLKaTkVOJVm+Kq5cyvbXtNQ0W8dKkI9PXv4Vv+Y2+jewtAsGq w75pl5mBIyw9AJkHORIYQWkgi/+oDmGjntFV3L864TT4jhijf/l4pbxwxVtdFlsM6WXp PtuA==
Alright, feel-free to ask any questions that may show up on this ML.
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 12:42 PM, BRUN Gauthier <brunga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Gael,
> Thank you for your answer.
> We have decided to improve the current SVD. We will have to present our work
> between the 17th and the 20th of June, and we would expect a feedback from
> the community before the presentation.
> We have never implemented any SVD, nonetheless we have already used it in
> Statistics (PCA). Also doing research on the algorithm is a part of our
> We are familiar with devide-and-conquer method.
> Best regards,
> Gauthier Brun, Nicolas Carre, Jean Ceccato and Pierre Zoppitelli.
> Le 2013-05-21 12:03, Gael Guennebaud a écrit :
>> Hi and welcome!
>> Indeed, a divide-and-conquer SVD would still be very useful. There is
>> already a bidiagonalization class so that you can focus on the divide
>> and conquer part, even though it might certainly be accelerated for
>> large matrices to exploit block operations. How much time to have for
>> this project? How familiar are you with the computation of the SVD in
>> general and with this divide-and-conquer method in particular?
>> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM, BRUN Gauthier <brunga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> We are four students in an engineering school of computer science and
>>> applied mathematics, and we would like to contribute to eigen for a
>>> We would like to know if there is a specific modul you would to see
>>> implemented, or improved?
>>> Our teacher for this project already send you a mail, and it appear you
>>> interessted in a better SVD modul, using "Bidiagonalization +
>>> divide-and-conquer bidiagonal SVD "
>>> Best regards,
>>> Gauthier Brun, Nicolas Carre, Jean Ceccatoet Pierre Zoppitelli.