|Re: [eigen] Student contribution|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Student contribution
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 12:03:49 +0200
- Cc: Jean.Ceccato@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pierre.Zoppitelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Nicolas Carré <carren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type; bh=Zg58TUbXyLe3jGItpAQOL8OIRUropklBgbOdcDjWK7A=; b=J+lqq0ibPL3cjwiFlp+T0s+DEE2vP+BNY9pVKfAoVKZF2oSTmMwaf8o1e8+w/nclVh JJT3DDKRGb5EXqRRsAic09KpZqJbG96dENYcZ3c4mbJNoNGQ/jH47Lv9FEiWw5PrsWVN XKej1TowvzbWDsM4NbZeu+dnA2VoLAEGbQoNJwFDfLxoYRR5M2BSkonr4XqfmUDTlRgI VCq/CO5+A8qjLVcmIs/w02b8OrRCpCHcpGMIgaa5LCCTsHWTKKfhTRPNHizgkezQqKdv 3EnEQfccsBa5r2w3/6zj4Uxbr2BEVA9eFGBGrtU5XmSFcY9FNEzsjbRq20EiEf0qwcFu hpEA==
Hi and welcome!
Indeed, a divide-and-conquer SVD would still be very useful. There is
already a bidiagonalization class so that you can focus on the divide
and conquer part, even though it might certainly be accelerated for
large matrices to exploit block operations. How much time to have for
this project? How familiar are you with the computation of the SVD in
general and with this divide-and-conquer method in particular?
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM, BRUN Gauthier <brunga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are four students in an engineering school of computer science and
> applied mathematics, and we would like to contribute to eigen for a project.
> We would like to know if there is a specific modul you would to see
> implemented, or improved?
> Our teacher for this project already send you a mail, and it appear you are
> interessted in a better SVD modul, using "Bidiagonalization +
> divide-and-conquer bidiagonal SVD "
> Best regards,
> Gauthier Brun, Nicolas Carre, Jean Ceccatoet Pierre Zoppitelli.