Re: [eigen] Eigen AVX support - first steps

questions.txt:

1. what does loaddup do?

It is needed for compatibility with complexes, it load PacketSize/2
scalars and copy them into a packet where each scalar is duplicated,
e.g., for Packet8f:

A,B,C,D -> A,A,B,B,C,C,D,D.

2. what is the purpose of palign_impl?

That's the most tricky one. It is only used to optimize matrix-vector
products on unligned matrices. It takes 2 packets that represent a
contiguous memory array, and return a packet starting at the position
offset, e.g., for Packet4d

Inputs:
{A0,B0,C0,D0} ; {A1,B1,C1,D1}

if Offset==0 => {A0,B0,C0,D0}
if Offset==1 => {B0,C0,D0,A1}
if Offset==2 => {C0,D0,A1,B1}
if Offset==3 => {D0,A1,B1,C2}

For Packet8f .... well I have to think about it as considering all
possibilities might be overkill. We can easily discard this
optimization for PacketSize>4.

3. How are we defining the __m256d type?

+ I am assuming this type will be wrapped up in a union with an array
of doubles.
+ Where is that definition going to go? In the PacketMathDouble.h or
in some other
+ file? The name of the array will decide what we use in the pfirst
function. GCC
+ does not appear to have wrapped the __m256d type as a union.

hm... is it our job to define __m256d ?? Isn't it defined by  in the
AVX intrinsics header fiels??

Cheers,
Gael.