|Re: [eigen] Slow matrix-matrix multiply|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Slow matrix-matrix multiply
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:21:32 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=t4XW/dtsHy6Nz+zgW7ze3niZmUlIgsxzQoUj2lQTVqE=; b=fHZnaSVq969+havJct8I0bCIOEWNbjNAkOYVj8MyRIlCZDCPPWULBvPCDib1ccOn2q olbKtRBRPSo6JQcSk7du0rbNVWv3ia8XT29hmEJJtSkildCVHhiV9DM2e6yNiSVi6G4O N+2z3+ZymzWW3qD0Bf2LUUcH6WOW334JFEcMoHV5cS4eCc1qRxG3jrQv/mO2RX6lSxMg 7JvNPfxvXVOZW/u65k4ceS9y4mxuV6FRTZPrObXLryg4u4+aLAyPsSY4n+/Trx9VnbLt 53/g4/v7iIse0zTYKHXpncixsghb1kzB2l0NeLftzHn5dQ3vMNvCmXpHrOGAkXjeB2V6 ZKsQ==
On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Sameer Agarwal <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The thing which is common to all the problems above is that the matrices in
> question are all statically sized. Another problem we are interested in
> involves semi-statically sized matrices, and there the performance
> improvements are much more dramatic.
> 8. 8 Cameras 1 Shared calibration 2190 points
> old-eigen new-eigen new-blas
> gcc 0.17 0.15 0.04
> clang 0.16 0.13 0.03
> In summary, for fixed sized matrices Clang and Eigen have some talking to
> do. For dynamic/semi-static matrices it seems (based on one example) for
> both GCC and Clang custom routines beat Eigen.
This last example is more interesting, and something we expected. How
can I reproduce it?