Re: [eigen] Slow matrix-matrix multiply

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Gael Guennebaud
<gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can also reproduce the performance drop with linux/gcc-4.7. However,
> the generated assembly in both cases are extremely similar (see the
> attached files), with even an advantage to Eigen with only 18
> additions compared to 27 for custom_gemm. Frankly, I cannot explain
> the perf difference.

oops, actually my system was a bit too loaded and the results too
random. Stable results with gcc4.7 on an Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5570  @
2.93GHz:

-- Eigen --

Time (in seconds):
Preprocessor                            0.050

  Residual Evaluations                  0.077
  Jacobian Evaluations                  0.695
  Linear Solver                         0.945
Minimizer                               1.839

Postprocessor                           0.001
Total                                   1.907

-- Custom GEMM --

Time (in seconds):
Preprocessor                            0.067

  Residual Evaluations                  0.085
  Jacobian Evaluations                  0.712
  Linear Solver                         0.952
Minimizer                               1.901

Postprocessor                           0.001
Total                                   1.990