Re: [eigen] unpleasant surprise mit math functions

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Christoph Hertzberg
<chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 23.09.2012 15:24, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>>
>> thank you Christoph and Karli, that makes perfect sense. So I thought
>> the solution would simply to put the "internal" base classes into
>> their own namespace. That worked for some expressions, but not for
>

> How about putting the math-functions into their own namespace?

yes I thought about that option, however I remember seeing some user
code relying on them explicitly. I know that's bad and that they
should not do so, but if we can find an easy solution that don't break
existing code I'd feel better, and in case we would go to take the
risk to break anything, I'd rather go for your second point:

> And why are they required at all?

and remove them. Jitse already raised the same remark a couple of
months ago in some related bug report, and I'm also starting to think
they should be removed.

gael