Re: [eigen] Coercion of matrices with mixed types ?

Firstly, I want to thank everyone for their explanations.  Also, I wish to explain why this is an issue for me, and how I have solved it.  Referring to the same two types, double and OTHER_TYPE, the difference of the two scalars is also of type OTHER_TYPE.  This is a  type of some complexity, so it would be inefficient to cast a vector<double> to be vector<OTHER_TYPE>.  Instead, I have written my own  (very simple)

  vector<OTHER_TYPE> operator-(const  vector<double>&, const vector<OTHER_TYPE>& )

and this has resolved the issue for me (I also needed to augment some of the Eigen Traits, etc).

Another aspect to this is that I do not want to include casting as a matter of course into my source code, for two reasons:
-- The code is harder to read/write and resembles less the mathematics that it is implementing, and
-- As a coding practice, explicit casting is frowned upon.

I know very little about meta programming, so the solution I have outlined can probably be done in a better, or more efficient way, with guidelines from the Eigen experts.

Thanks, again!