|[eigen] Re: MPL2 is really compatible with GPL/LGPL|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: Gervase Markham <gerv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Re: MPL2 is really compatible with GPL/LGPL
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:58:39 -0400
- Cc: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=eISX3Vz5fIVCmgXH19UAUXLrJ3kJuCMXC1SF8wNXnEU=; b=OrQ5cVLDQ1qEeORrVXGBKaD3YleeYF2ItO39+udw0Z9e6YM8Do+l4NyRxmQwWG7TGA czijOmTvQbeMucgXTZOMeAdMt4MI00r3i90Yn5uFlWxnAbFGJRpDaTmMznq8CJHs4UIV Moq0r1q0Z4Jx7PH/ijehb3VWCQGVrhRQwewhOtVr76iJ5ycrkfLPQITY0nUUmtSqNgR9 n3qq6YsyepfulMWMnxYnTUrRqHxBskHrvE2NSHXhbl5SnsENgOs7JYlQzIcHdf9NXbF6 sYXcY4yGnsrCZjyjGoKQccQYmq3haWiHVP0Cg4SLvqLogzTlcUaEQmEKnNZkzCAefKpo hcFA==
2012/6/28 Gervase Markham <gerv@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 28/06/12 22:30, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>> I am CC'ing Gerv who is a MPL expert at Mozilla to hopefully check
>>> that I am not saying anything wrong here.
> 11pm here in Norway (at a meeting) but I will chime in tomorrow :-)
> Can someone give me a paragraph of context?
Eigen in a C++, headers-only, library currently dual-licensed GPL2+/LGPL3+.
We are considering switching to plain MPL2 and dropping the other licenses.
We are trying to figure if this is going to cause any problems to
existing users, who might rely on the specifics of the LGPL3+ or
GPL2+, especially compatibility with these licenses.