[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] 3.1 released!
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 23:36:47 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=o+FDf5pA8ghVvTGlti7uE2Dr9zLB1/kloo2L8akYFy8=; b=FVDBB7AlAmcabv3GmuZuvV74Psz22EKH9XDFEDMfY7V807+KxzGjNTsjhmyvk+RWuR RW6+Sfp+Mv+3SFisJ76xf++oIQd1t6p+071LoMRfeUu6SofeUn2dP0gVeOu4X5LypxJP UGHCDrAZkfi9UKKCQZxW9PLbV/Vn4LQgytHea/PI7jgPrf5oxSDRpKtXIblWoeDU1wf+ ytzryvcnCtnjWT9UMq+y7bdFlqnsOuVuwR3vsSaoYdMZXr+SnUVvqteZ6zpGnkAWTbjP 16u+C/OserhTGQ6GKa0XDeNY7NTzBgy8xGdDwqdbngwaDjha96E6ugBPZz8AFTcET39l 5P9Q==
Eigen 3.1 has been released today (June 24, 2012).
Since Eigen 3.0, this new version brings to live a set of officially
supported sparse modules  for the representation, assembly, and
solving of sparse problems.
This includes many built-in (Cholesky, CG, BiCGSTAB, ILU), and
third-party (PaStiX, Cholmod, UmfPack, SuperLU, Pardiso) sparse linear
The second main novelty is the possibility to seamlessly fallback to
Intel MKL  for a couple of operations including matrix products
(BLAS L2/L3), dense matrix decompositions (LAPACKE), and math array
operations (via the Intel VML). These completely '''optional'''
backends can be enabled through some compile-time preprocessor
directives as explained in the respective manual page . Recall that
Intel MKL is '''proprietary''' software (see this notice ).
Finally, this release includes a couple of new coefficient and
vector-wise operations, rank update/downdate for LLT and LDLT
factorizations, closed form eigen-decompositions, as well as some
memory and performance optimizations.
More details in the change log: