|Re: [eigen] Help on solving a race condition|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Help on solving a race condition
- From: Jim Bosch <talljimbo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:24:27 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=lysQozhWTCY0HC+wziPtscWnN6U69If7B/MQ3RNYFSg=; b=dCUXu/FJo+WFv6u27Ti5dGoHd5JO32dGYFgdG537IphxT49746JRuLLMQpzTRkoctj vhcZICnnjamMMwSlTe9pttPwTanWq2pCYAw31g5jqKE4ywU3/xAjtY2A21jcw1jS5P4h cep6MQlXDb06R844M7LZrjcl1C35N0p8TL5/vIhuNDaD0pTZ0RbUOCPhbwu/wInzAXWX 07QLW1W5TBX9n9hUbnTsrdE0SfAGCIoskhfnO8wIQDfZIxD8mkNz4E8CXnoSscvLgH7A W6mkKRvaWGPSA7/3ukEfWHIT5GFSc8fbmhIEhGNBFWl6mAlomrBV+kG6GM3dJgXi8Q3G X6Iw==
On 06/14/2012 03:37 AM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Jim Bosch <talljimbo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a little surprised the configure-time solution that was brought up early
in this thread was dismissed so quickly. Sure, it's nice to be able to use
Eigen's headers as-is with no build at all today, but a machine-generated
header file that contains these values as true constants wouldn't be such a
terrible thing to add.
as I said, this is not an option because these values depend on the
underlying hardware. So such an approach makes impossible to
distribute configured version of Eigen nor binary that uses Eigen.
I'd certainly personally much prefer to have to run a script to generate a
header when I install Eigen over having to call a function every time I use
Note that this function will have to be called only in the case the
user code is multi-threaded.
Thanks for the clarifications. I can see why generated headers is a
non-starter, and I'm certainly much less bothered if the initialization
function is only necessary for multi-threaded code.