From: Listengine [mailto:listengine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis Peñaranda
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:58 PM
To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [eigen] Adjoint

Hello,

I am trying to compute the adjoint of a matrix, but Eigen 3.0.5 gives me a result I am not expecting. To illustrate this, I reduced the issue to the attached code. I understand "adjoint" as the traspose of the cofactor matrix.. In the attached example, the adjoint would be (checked with Maple):

-3   6   -3
6  -12   6
-3   6   -3

But Eigen gives me the transpose of my input matrix:

1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9

So the question is, does Eigen use another definition for adjoint, am I making a mistake in my code or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

--
Luis