|[eigen] Eigen 3.1.0-alpha2 released with support for Intel MKL!|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Eigen 3.1.0-alpha2 released with support for Intel MKL!
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:14:49 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=IGcpTOtfCbUE/LAZfaJsy17Q1uF30o59n++EAvU5SYE=; b=Dv2skf6s5qZHpMqs87cYe+zlBzTBxaLw+1WKNYOyd1OCe6efPBF0jVimuOExJYYkbq JZ/dCwmQkqFIsMOgJuUFvBcJ2sZzbab8kzq65lw2oscYM2BtX89IjrEH8s+R/+A9dp3v tj5UVkagZBNGptZjjnk4KRWBaor4P+K+oZ2lc=
Eigen 3.1.0-alpha2 has been released today.
The source archive is at:
The key novelty of this alpha release is the possibility to fallback
to Intel MKL  (or another external BLAS library) for a couple of
operations including matrix products (BLAS L2/L3), dense matrix
decompositions (LAPACKE), and math array operations (via the Intel
VML). These completely '''optional''' backends can be enabled through
some compile-time preprocessor directives as explained in the
respective manual page .
In the same vein, this version also brings support for the Intel MKL
PARDISO direct sparse solver.
Recall that [http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/Counter/redirect_to_mkl.php
Intel MKL] is '''proprietary''' software (see this notice ).
This new version also provides improved performance for small
matrix-matrix products, support for rank updates/downdates in LDLt and
LLT, a new fast sparse matrix assembly interface from a random list of
triplets, and many other minor improvements and fixes as detailed in
the changelog .
 Intel MKL - http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/Counter/redirect_to_mkl.php