|Re: [eigen] Providing non-tag downloads over BitBucket|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Providing non-tag downloads over BitBucket
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 18:26:34 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=9mI3RK/5fxB6l7411Tb5eqRtcXgOYsD3QX5BW1Ai0cY=; b=UJTiKlajgthebqa1jGDPp5TOsE1MfijjP3Ryf0+ztqvZroA0ev2pekAZS/1uFbBBXe o8uIRSU+maNW7N+vpAbK1P5O3FCE6EdaM91jV9WnX/SEn8OOtSvjUHbYNkCnrKT5/rl2 k/UhhdyTX2lGnqmS10R1OAwXPYg06D3o4XZBY=
Yeah, I'm very tempted to just hope that this won't happen again; let
me know if it would help to make new tags.
Manually adding tarballs to the download area would be tedious, I'd
probably rather switch to a different hosting service than do that.
2012/1/4 Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> Ok, i went and searched for more information. Because of some
> unrelated problem, bitbucket indeed made a change in how tarballs are
> generated. The change was done in november. I'm surprised you (bsd
> devs) only have this problem with eigen and not other packages.
> Anyway, this is not something we can change... I've talked to some guy
> from bitbucket, and they now are aware of the problemm s that we can
> just hope they wont change this anymore... and update those checksums.
> Sorry for that :-(
> On 02/01/2012 00:05, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
>> Comparing FreeBSD's own copy of the 2.0.16 tarball  with the
>> one currently being provided by BitBucket , it looks like only
>> the tarball name (and the directory inside it) have changed from
>> eigen-eigen-2.0.16 to eigen-eigen-<hash of the commit which the
>> tag points to>. diff shows no difference in the actual contents.
>> As a packager, I would appreciate if Eigen started providing "real"
>> download tarballs in the Downloads section in BitBucket (like other
>> projects do) to prevent this kind of issue -- I guess tarballs
>> which are not created automatically do not risk being changed by
> - --
> Thomas Capricelli <orzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.18 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----