|Re: [eigen] Eigen Benchmark (number of FLOPS)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] Eigen Benchmark (number of FLOPS)
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:01:18 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=qqZ/B5Gov+/XMrvTs+t1u2U8uMClBuRpiouVnpD5tUo=; b=UhLr0Nb/11QoMOu7Uo1tAmsWnfBlULUrxNZlCL2mGbPm85iYorHMcdV/ozWZL77rVn bIo6XgZik/+nuS5XPxMYo0NLyN9uxvirZ+3SMdtUgzkZ/IP0UIme/f+UJnUrCfnIOOVV DazuTLoE41QFc70i9SmgMPJxz7jaVdMDv45i8=
but note that this benchmark is for sequential runs, the figure would
be quite different if you consider parallel runs.
On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> don't worry, all the implementations included in this benchmark are
> comparable in terms of FLOPS in the sense that they all perform the
> same number of FLOPS for a given operation.
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 4:11 AM, Not Sure <kuerzn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On the website http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/index.php?title=Benchmark you
>> show some pretty impressive comparison of Eigen's performance.
>> I have two consecutive questions:
>> 1. Do the different implementations/library of BLAS functions differ in
>> the number of floating point operations (FLOP) they need to complete?
>> 2. If yes: Did you calculate the FLOP per second using some reference
>> FLOP number or the number of actual performed FLOP of each
>> Thank you for your answer,