|Re: [eigen] 3.0.4 coming soon, testing appreciated|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] 3.0.4 coming soon, testing appreciated
- From: Rhys Ulerich <rhys.ulerich@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:09:03 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=v7sTbRS3zLJziNxyW9NdtQ5ZGguXOlIrxyZFV2rQTp0=; b=wTqsJTd1rQSGFTnRURNSs0fxkwtDK1TM9uoZ4t+/yAASLxACQebb+q/dnu0lQufnrh 9dSXe0jBWpxGTO6UD9qGaATRPPh4OZ7MeahczysI89AVZcPeT4MzmSpikOHzZyQParEo GLInHLEojE1LHpOmuAO4LfIvv8YEetjCAO7nA=
> it seems that you compiled the tests without optimizations as they
> should not take more than 1s.
There's an EIGEN_REPEAT=100 in effect in those results. Each
iteration is definitely under 1s. Please advise if you think the
timings still look suspect.
> Also comparing the running times of different runs does not make sense
> because the involved matrix sizes are different for each run (unless
> you specify a unique seed, e.g.: ./product_trmm_1 s0).
That is good to know. I'll do that while gathering the details with
perf as Benoit suggested.