Re: [eigen] inverse() method for TriangularView class?

I don't think there's a big reason not to do it, it's just that
probably few people have felt a need for it so far. For most tasks,
solve() is a better tool than inverse().

How big is the speed difference between triangular.solve(rhs) and
triangular*rhs ?

If you would like this functionality to be implemented, you could file
a bug, explain your use case, and give a simple benchmark result
showing a performance advantage for  triangular*rhs over
triangular.solve(rhs).