|Re: [eigen] eigen blas/lapack + suitesparse|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] eigen blas/lapack + suitesparse
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 21:17:55 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Od4CYgpmt5kPAP2FRLlUJFEcxb7YWt+UhF6X4MREVvE=; b=v/gw7D8INB/6/86RZ9lBEBI3QArxilgmfIVehYXwLsaQq/50kz2la+JXsYMcPG/mqH sukLjtcZpfb9oIwwwWADzMWqAHQKtJ3IiIeoQDyXXpVcOxS2CbsNbxwZQwtzWug152I8 EsCJsLDfHlAoPr2lLNQTQ8s8CDOPaM7UMtMCM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Lc2ilwU6PkT8ri65TaKYEm7DJeOfpKg7ItIjfEe2+11w+DUE+TFVErr4dKzENgWAUg xJWd5Gm8bcfMP8SaBJQ8gjJm2lrU9S07lwh38t2lLRSclLLSBG8A28kyJ1c29rKGcgPY ZZaLcdoOeJh3KvBXRtkNnmm1acNvyMtFkResk=
In principle, you should still compile C code with a C compiler (gcc).
The only change is that you have also have to link against -lstdc++
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Sameer Agarwal
> Thanks Gael.
> I just got the whole assembly building too. One quirk was that SuiteSparse
> code is c and not conforming to c++ (it has implicit casts of all sorts) and
> linking to eigen blas and lapack requires c++. So the demo programs that
> come with cholmod need some fixing before they will build.
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Gael Guennebaud
> <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> yes, it is complete enough for all direct solver libraries that I've
>> tried. Actually, the unit-tests of our Chomod, UmfPack and SparseLU
>> backends are built with Eigen's lapack/blas interface.
>> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Sameer Agarwal
>> <sameeragarwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I am curious as to the status of the eigen blas/lapack layer and if it
>> > is
>> > complete enough for someone to have tried building something like
>> > SuiteSparse (CHOLMOD/UMFPACK) on top if it and see if the whole thing
>> > works/passes tests.
>> > Sameer