Re: [eigen] Matrix - Scalar CwiseUnaryOps

Yes, the ambiguity is between interpreting a+M as
 1) aE+M where E is the matrix all of whose coefficients are 1; this
is what we do for arrays; or
 2) aI + M where I is the identity matrix; this is definitely what
mathematicians mean by a+M whenever they use that notation. This is
required if you want basic matrix arithmetic rules to be self
consistent, e.g. distributivity: (a+M)*N = aN + M*N

This ambiguity is the primary reason why we leave this undefined in Eigen.

Benoit