|Re: [eigen] BTL for benchmarking blas implementations|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] BTL for benchmarking blas implementations
- From: Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:32:32 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=FQOX4Z5GosADj1of+L3yO7fUFW/C+30T4BsElJNSsKE=; b=WPnLRqaHac5djdTVvjWu/PRI69KkG26PexyWOtQWEnox5TIq94wgDrll1j5Fish3eV 5yH8SDpdqtvWka/g8ZZjXo+1uA9F5fS/+/DqMn7FlEXxOdFZ7kMgMGZJATtjtIhvOsoC egno6V6r3EPJPivh5QVZOBh7xnF0qdS7XHaiM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; b=eZ7QR9knA/lSnoSNtK5YtoDwZ2WQUbJtQJnBRAN28xe+Qpa9zb9pPSMBhS0AEAfAhn G2w37N4UtOCqiupgH8WGgw71wur+Lb9acwwT90Oo6riNbnCoXhTKKGWi1RTuatQ8nfTX 9+XAGo/6Y38HKcpbyci8UEEA0ReRZ4eBzSarM=
Regarding BLAS interfaces, we already support MKL, ATLAS, ACML, MKL,
GotoBLAS 1 and 2, and Eigen's BLAS interface. If you want to add
another one then edit the file btl/libs/BLAS/CMakeLists.txt.
You can disable the compilation of some tests using ccmake and toggle
the various BTL_* variables.
For the rest everything is explained in the README and/or on the wiki:
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Andrea Arteaga <yo.eres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [I hope this is not a duplicate. I have some trouble with my email provider...]
> I have to benchmark different implementations of BLAS (including
> lapack, atlas, eigen, openblas,...). The BTL includes many useful and
> meaningful tests, so I think it would be perfect to use it. But I
> can't figure out how to use it for this purpose -- or just whether it
> is possible.
> Let assume that I have a blas implementation as dynamic-linked library
> (under a UNIX environment) libmyblas.so in the directory
> /somedirectory/. I just want to benchmark the library without any
> comparison. How could I do that?
> Thanks in advance.
> Andrea Arteaga