Re: [eigen] Improved dashboard submissions...

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Jitse Niesen <jitse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Feb 2011, Hauke Heibel wrote:
> I don't know ctest/cdash that well. From your comments, I get the impression
> that in the Windows IDE you get automatically an Experimental (or something
> like that) target which submits the tests to the dashboard. Any idea how it
> is supposed to work with Unix make?

If I am not totally wrong you would simply "make Experimental" and
cmake would build and submit the tests. No need to configure or touch
anything extra besides running CMake once.

> That has been there from before my time, but isn't it because otherwise all
> the test programs are built when you do 'make' or 'make install' and that
> takes a very long time?

Right, there was something like that. I just don't get why you would
ever type "make" if you don't intend to build everything? That was
probably just a precaution.

Maybe we could agree upon allowing this type of convenient dashboard
submissions on Windows by default.
(EIGEN_LEAVE_TEST_IN_ALL_TARGET==true for win32 systems).

- Hauke

p.s. I attached a new patch which also works with nmake. Benoit, by
the way, our scripts do properly propagate the SSE flags for nmake.