|[eigen] General questions about vectorization/alignment AGAIN|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] General questions about vectorization/alignment AGAIN
- From: hauke strasdat <strasdat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:52:15 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ly2aYD3lBbZJHt+xvGnPYWzSii8TEE7aUkh4fTIAXyo=; b=HkPBceEq1P+6xNrjmGX0QYL9MbQTREwkfl6G+7IUu3styI9cZkqU4ML0fDZlS0mNfq IXfYZ6yUyYDbHyDNwMrq9h/MzupHD2HclCCwZGrCufCFORrNgoH93TgXk+5/5zu3STuC TJ4vmGxzq/10WpMJiOdEBJj86MWe8bvpT3V30=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=VYU2dP3i3tRLiBrMZJ32T5Ci1ULo6GtPYNn7mMh/2j6F6AGEUtaBlh9AmS9Mkd20tp PxIXzVBCMiNLzphpiQxmPy0KsG3dCZJanjMoVYABTeYDwWLtRwHEqM+dKzR6PtStKrDz KD+FGaklp0uaVBlzbogwQxzPQQauYcbNxF/ls=
Once again thanks for developing such a great matrix library!
Form the user's/programmer's view of Eigen3, vectorization/alignment
is one of the most complicated issues. I very much appreciate the
documentation you added which describes this issue in detail.
I read through the documentation
and also skipped through the mailing list. Though, I still have a
couple of open question which might also be of general interest.
* It seems like that all issues regarding alignment only occur on
32-bit operation systems, right? (Would be nice to add this info to
Btw., which is the easiest way to test the code on a 64-bit OS? I
used virtual box to setup a 32-bit OS. Is there an easier option?)
* Is it safe to add an alignment operator, even though the underlying
datatype is not a "fixed-size vectorizable"?
E.g.: vector<Vector3d, Eigen::aligned_allocator<Eigen::Vector3d> > Is
this any dangerous?
* What is the right way to use an std container recursively?
- Is this code alright:
Eigen::aligned_allocator<Eigen::Vector4d> > AlignedVector;
std::map<int, AlignedVector> int_vec_map;
* Is it safe to use a "fixed-size vectorizable" and
Eigen::aligned_allocator in conjunction with std::tr1::unordered_map?
* Is it safe to add EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW to a class even
though it does NOT include a "fixed-size vectorizable"?
I have the strong feeling that all these question can be answered with
"yes". However, I want to be sure.
Thanks a lot,