|[eigen] Scheduling beta3 on sunday february 6 ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen <eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [eigen] Scheduling beta3 on sunday february 6 ?
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:47:49 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=KamGLAp5cVji6L8pDCe1Au0wuj52CXwaZv6vhKs0xUA=; b=nAgOk55wn/Ovv5Eq57tPAAK5sEVVLXXTmEBZfKz3ziw21zFaWNJrkk2U4HBOgJTW+L USJnVVwQcmoKf9jJqTK8Nod0b9xF4QCSZIA2a1vBrcxhS2e4UmwBoVeZjaHxff7j86mh hg9YtTdSzG71+irUQ1D9VutGoibaV+fBSgCFM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=GWXPvFtwFK/CYfxBiEA/vfTwpHBmvUn3MNdVbD/GLSFhpZBOEWKgA1V8wejaW4yZ6T TRfSnl31F+Ri8EkupduOu4HpZAPJconV1Rprx3SJlV/+1HCr6R2JyrwRsrZ5EUT1o5ut AYCg72NsE1SUSMNdDdq7rnQ2l9pM2/CaHmUVE=
Despite the flurry of improvements currently happening in hg, we still
need to focus and actually release this beta3 !
Let's schedule it. Do you agree for Sunday February 6 ? That leaves us 10 days.
That means that we have at most one week to finish it. Does that sound
OK? The blockers are:
51: no malloc in fixed-size products
Gael, if you don't have time, this can be dropped from beta3 and block
52: Strides API
Will do (if I make API changes there, i'll write to this list very
soon with my proposal)
53: Sparse - API stability for basic features
Gael, please decide very soon the fate of Sparse in 3.0! As we
discussed, even if it's not stable, we dont necessarily have to move
it to unsupported: it is rather less intrusive to force users to
57: Uniform external library support
Gael -> if Sparse isn't stable in 3.0, then this is no longer a blocker.
59: Clean up FullPivHouseholderQR
Will do very soon.
73: 3.0-beta2: Intel incomplete type error breaks several unit tests
This one needs attention. Can anyone install ICC and have a look?
100: Finalize the array-as-scalar feature [See dependency tree
for bug 100]
Shouldn't we just make this a 3.1 feature at this point? How does it
affect existing API?
131: Unaligned Quaternions/Transformations
Need to have a look at this. I think it was added recently.
148: array-matrix transpose product does not compile