Re: [eigen] Index type for PermutationMatrix and Transpositions

On 01/25/11 10:11:22, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
> Since it is unbelievable
> that one day someone will perform a LU or LDLT dec on a matrix
> requiring 64bits integers for the indices (think about the size of
> the
> matrix!), I think it is safe to use int there too.

I agree for dense matrices, but a tridiagonal matrix of size 2^32
isn't out of range (IMHO). So the situation might be different for
sparse matrices - even in the near future.

Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch
Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik