|Re: [eigen] "May be used uninitialized" warning...|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] "May be used uninitialized" warning...
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 08:20:53 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=fq19VDETI7A9+80Gbxm4H+nkQqyi8C8Hexm69+oHimM=; b=rUf0lKXGXSBtX1IB7mx+M9SV5WEgqoqdhX7qSfcvewq3L0U8QYw6uuFcm6wIKAHauB YxuMROTbPsZXPVJPlKJbVE1HSsMAza6CZl4lkRiBO/G1RPol+DkaAFbns4gnZGyRsOPV jc8cXx7/XwhnYADyD03TLBsDjLr6z0zfblthE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ttrX89Af3X77uxBhuM7EJueGEyy5eFTcfZikwCT/kwtxy5H8d2GPePz/SU3WbHgVhn z8XwTe7SLZHSVCwL5Kra2IP3yi5NX/wGVrl9LY1wPUT+6jX1zt1MLNosd2WHbkJEhqqV 9IF5sjb/NnNwE5SqfV3ikXJ8NenTjkMNEpwcc=
Indeed, valgrind doesn't report any error, so the warning is wrong. (I
indeed get the warning)
OK to initialize if that can be done without a significant perf
overhead in this particular case.
2010/12/10 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Ah you also need to enable optimization to get the warning. Actually
> it is easy to prove that the warning is wrong, so let's just
> initialize the variable to 0 to get rid of it.
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Jose Luis Blanco
> <joseluisblancoc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I attach a proper test case that shows the warning.
>> Tested in gcc 4.4, 32bit, with today's hg eigen. I obtained the same
>> also with gcc 4.5, 64bit.
>> On 12/10/2010 08:29 AM, Gael Guennebaud wrote:
>>> I cannot reproduce. Tested with gcc 4.5, 4.4, 4.3, and 4.1