|Re: [eigen] eigen2 co-existing with eigen3|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] eigen2 co-existing with eigen3
- From: Benoit Jacob <jacob.benoit.1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:11:54 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=qO8ECzw03PZwpfvh0qm01wrwhfD5x36U2xSTrQIE/wQ=; b=IUXrUyDwGf9n0RrUOBNk15Z2IkJFgw8MH7s/yf6qQchLaV2z2civW3TB0w46Ou8eke +q7ZrvM+Hs63jWmltN0/IOQTcUZRvhDt7GKW71OSts9eBRr3YpSBUpn+DZvaCBHTj0oN 6TLl/pMxoqbMi63t1gtF7qeZtJJwImp3BjQjA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=QasTK6LYIOB4PiNvzeMcpXF5zhDZnkuMRWID21Y9/8IoVKzUDhHUQ5CFnM38YSKxUc 9jJBFld8L+AIsh9c/JVGT91xnpBvDHivYt9aDj4b9Fyea/a3p55CNTH/CNIgaR3Clfbg BEfX1VbcWXmbK+WiwfA4ZM61UiAYLjIC2cE1Y=
Hm, interesting. While we took care of making eigen 2 and 3
coinstallable we didn't think that a single file would want to include
both. Renaming the namespace fixes part of the problem but you are
still left with conflicting macro definitions and conflicting std::
containers specializations if you use our std containers support
headers. I don't really know what to do about that.
2010/9/16 Radu Bogdan Rusu <rusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Since it seems that eigen2 uses the same namespace as eigen3, is there a
> preferred behavior on them co-existing happily? We have some bits of code
> that are now using both (well, importing the headers at least - through the
> use of different packages), and the only solution that we found was to patch
> beta1 to rename the namespace from Eigen to Eigen3.
> Is that the preferred behavior at this point?
> | Radu Bogdan Rusu | http://rbrusu.com/