Re: [eigen] cwise operator vs matlab's .* notation

Oops, good point, I didn't know/forgot that you can't define arbitrary symbols as operators in C++

I also didn't know that .* was already an operator that can't be overloaded....

guess that answers my (stupid) question :-P

thanks!
-=Abe

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Christoph Hertzberg <chtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Abe Bachrach wrote:
> [...]
> In my mind, it would seem like having BOTH the verbose .cwise() and the
> concise .* type operators for things like multiplication would make sense.

Nice idea, but you can't overload operator.*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operators_in_C_and_C++#Member_and_pointer_operators

Christoph

Dipl.-Inf. Christoph Hertzberg
Cartesium 0.051