Re: [eigen] sun studio 11 compiler error

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 08/24/10 10:37 AM, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>>
>> Hm. We're supposed to support Sun CC but I would guess that it doesn't
>> get very frequent testing.
>>
>> If you think that it used to work until recently, it can be useful to
>> bisect.
>>
>> This particular error is about a method, topRows(), that is overloaded
>> wrt template parameters. There's a version not taking any template
>> param, and also a template<int N>  version. No idea how to make Sun CC
>> accept that (it is complaining about the latter).
>>
>> Benoit
>
> Hi Gang:
>
> The name has changed recently to Oracle Solaris Studio Express.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/testcontent/express-139159.html
>
> And, contrary to the new name, it is available for Linux x86 (RHEL
> and SuSE).  I find it helpful since it finds errors that GCC does
> not (things that really appear to be errors and not just differences
> of opinion).  It's a free download.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/testcontent/thankyou-jsp-142928.html
>
> I thought Eigen 2.0 worked, but I haven't gotten around to working
> with 3.0 yet.
>
> --
> Rodney Sparapani       Center for Patient Care and Outcomes Research
> Sr. Biostatistician               http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
> 4 wheels good, 2 wheels better!   Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW)
> WWLD?:  What Would Lombardi Do?   Milwaukee, WI, USA

Ok, I got hg built in my home directory on the server and am ready to
bisect. Except, I can't find a point in the history of the default
branch where

$ cat ../test.cc
#include "eigen/Eigen/Eigen"

using namespace Eigen;

int main() {
  return 0;
}

compiles to set as the --good commit. Does anyone know of one? If I go
back to commit 2071, I appear to only get a couple of errors, but it
is a similar template-related problem.

$ CC ../test.cc
"../eigen/Eigen/src/Core/MathFunctions.h", line 92: Error: Could not
find a match for Eigen::ei_random<Eigen::T>().
"../eigen/Eigen/src/Core/MathFunctions.h", line 93: Error: Could not
find a match for Eigen::ei_random<Eigen::T>(int, int) needed in
Eigen::ei_random<Eigen::T>().
Error: Cannot continue processing because of prior errors.
Compilation aborted.

Ben