|Re: [eigen] About Complex numbers Todo|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/eigen Archives
- To: eigen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [eigen] About Complex numbers Todo
- From: Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:09:08 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=twgJInziSHuAQ6p4BvdWD9kqYK5tOn6lFX+HlxBYF5M=; b=GFKYdrbSv0luJL76RdghA/Fw3cc36ATiUlS+SpJPoAKdM4g9xoknLPE5NkCn2kb6g3 20MwFGQY6NLxFAYtNjuojKiEi5/eWy1NNQKpPM/Iv2VN09GUO95xWQNyiovR/RbimtSg yfD8L5EklJhOl0wuGzVSa8hetDPyCPGIqWfLg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=tDy5E2ZY36BJbi3B8Rx150OILGRgkJz2GpaHY1STuM2P0srPtf8+cr0Te4B5rUsk73 UwnQfU3PwuJlYEw92UNSKQFNxwzYQRcaYRj5kz4U0lKXFE1WhGQf8L9o7YGMbeWwWdgq RFj3jOyFrIpSFSNaCgEGu3/Ivj4kOBBZjuJ7k=
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Bastien. If I get things right then there might be two issues with this:
> first it is only for C++0x, so older C++ versions would not be supported.
In theory yes, but in pratice no. All the major compiler team are part
of the standard board. And if g++ does not support this we could open
soon a bug report.
> Furthermore, and if I remember correctly, complex numbers are stored in
> memory as an array, even though it might be hidden by a struct or class.
That is the point. At least it "array storage layout which makes
many optimizations unsafe" is not true because standard board has
agree since 2004 that the next standard will use implicitlty this
layout. So the layout is guaranted by pratice (see the remark in the
standard rationnale) in the current state of standard and officially
for the next standard.
And BTW c++ user should use recent compiler see for instance the bug :