Re: [eigen] Optimization for special complex operations

2010/8/18 Gael Guennebaud <gael.guennebaud@xxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Carlos Becker <carlosbecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gael: Yes you are right, I forgot about those. So I believe that something
> like matrix.colwise().normalized() should not be too hard to achieve.

yes, indeed.

> I was also thinking about what Benoit said regarding Matrix<ArrayXf, 3, 1>.
> I am wondering which are the true advantages of doing over defining a normal
> MatrixXf, or better, a fixed size Matrix<rows,cols,float>.

Such a layout (Matrix<ArrayXf, 3, 1>) is not very convenient because
it does not allow you to access to a given vector. It is also quite
limited with respect to the set of operations you can perform. For
instance you cannot do batch cross products, apply transformations,
etc.

Hm, you mean it's not efficient because the ArrayXf's are traversed multiple times. True, I hadn't thought of that...

So I think a Matrix<float,3,Dynamic,RowMajor> is more
appropriate.

ok, true!
Benoit

> Is there an
> especialization for a Matrix containing a single-dimensional Array?

Not at all.

Gael.